_______________________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________

July 10, 2014

Matt Birch Work Experience Blog Entry #5

Better late than never, here's the final entry in Matt's work experience blog:

Today John and I went to Coleman and Co so John could do a few asbestos awareness training sessions. I was given the grand tour of the facility by James Howard whom I met earlier in the week. He went into detail of how the material waste gets processed and recycled into widely used aggregate and other materials that can be used, such as sand and dirt matter. The tour included a detailed guide of the machinery used to process the waste materials from the sites.

After the tour, I went to the training that John was leading meaning that I have a qualification in asbestos awareness! John and I are now discussing my future in the company and I will be returning over the summer for more work and I might be getting a part time job. The main role would include standardising the company's documents and indexing them as well as typing up all the information that is only in hard copy form.

I've had a great experience and can't wait to come back.

No comments: