_______________________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________

October 21, 2014

IDE Council elections: John Woodward is hoping to be re-elected to the Council Of Management

John has now completed his two years in the position of Immediate Past President of the IDE, which means that in the upcoming elections he needs to stand for re-election to the Council of Management and he needs to get sufficient votes to win a seat.

Admittedly this election is not the General Election and there are no political parties and coalitions to consider, but all IDE members do need to vote and really consider which candidates to vote for as this year is crucial for the future of the IDE as we know it.

Bearing all this in mind, John has prepared the following election manifesto that we are happy to reproduce here:

"I have been a full member of IDE since 2000, a Council of Management member since 2004 and I was awarded a Fellowship of IDE in December 2008 in recognition of my work for the institute.

I am a Former President of IDE, holding the office from November 2010 until November 2012.

During my time in the IDE from 2000 to 2012 I attended every IDE Seminar and every IDE Regional meeting (including the one in Bristol when 5 people attended) as I firmly believe that the IDE is unique in the World and I love the exchange of views that we get from IDE meetings.

During my Vice Presidency I worked with Terry Quarmby to lift the profile of the IDE in the Construction industry and I continued to do that during my Presidency. The introduction of CPD was not universally popular but I believe that it demonstrated to the world that the IDE was an organization for people who wanted to improve their knowledge and wanted to prove that they were supremely skilled and fully competent.

The IDE core membership is made up of engineers in all sorts of companies carrying out their daily business of turning client's dreams into reality and clearing the past to make way for the future and I want those engineers to be recognized as problem solvers and innovators.

This time around there will be many candidates up for election to council, so I ask you to consider carefully whether others will have the best interests of the membership at heart as I do and I would urge you to not only ensure that you cast your vote, but to give a great deal of thought as to how you cast your vote.

I am fully committed to restoring the IDE profile to its former level and to make the construction industry and private developers fully aware of what IDE membership stands for and what IDE members can do for their projects.

Remember that IDE membership is for individuals not companies and if you want your IDE to continue to grow and recognition of your skills to be universal then vote for a candidate who will work tirelessly to promote IDE and ensure that your voice is heard.

It would be an honour to be re-elected to Council.

John"

No comments: