_______________________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________

November 4, 2016

"It's goodbye from me and it's goodbye from him"


Next Friday sees the 2016 IDE AGM when Dave Darsey succeeds Duncan Rudall as President and either Gary Bishop or Richard Dolman becomes Vice President, but it's also the day when Steve Jack steps down from the CoM after over 20 years round the table and I also step down after 10 years round the table!

Will we be glad to step to down? I am sure that Steve will agree when I say that it will be strange not attending CoM meetings, but we both believe that now is the right time to go to make way for a younger element on CoM who can continue our work and take us to chartered status.

The days saved by not attending the meetings will be used by Steve to improve his golf and by me to improve my fishing as we both move towards retirement.

When I asked Steve about his golf this week he said:-

For some time, my wife's had this ridiculous idea that I'm playing too much golf. Actually, it came to a head at about 11.30pm last night. She suddenly shouted at me: "Golf, golf, golf. All you ever think about is bloody golf!". And I'll be honest, it frightened the life out of me. I mean, you don't expect to meet somebody on the 14th green at that time of night.

And for myself:-

This week I was asked to do a very important after-dinner speech. I said: "Do you want me to be funny?" They said: "No, just be yourself."

Goodnight!

No comments: